This section describes TDMA limitations and upgrade procedure from "MINT" firmware version to "TDMA".
"MINT" and "TDMA" firmware versions are not compatible. Upgrade from "MINT" to "TDMA" is recommended to start with version "MINTv1.90.25".
- Supported hardware platforms: H05, H06, H07, H08, H11.
- It works only with MIMO devices.
- "transient" mode is not supported.
- It is recommended to use the same "TDMA" firmware version on all devices in the network.
- All synchronized master devices in sync mode with AUX-ODU-SYNC must have the following equal parameters:
- Frame Size
- DL/UL ratio.
- There are the following conditions of "TDMA" use in various channel width:
- Fully supported: 5, 10, 20, 40 MHz.
- Operates, but there may be minor frame deviations: 3.5, 7, 30 MHz (with "Greenfield").
- Not recommended for use: 14, 15, 30 MHz.
- Fully inoperable: 28 MHz.
- Recommended channel width in PtMP topology: 20 and 40 MHz (this is due to large overhead for the service information transmission in narrow channel width).
Upgrade from MINT to TDMA procedure
"TDMA" firmware must be installed on all involved in a radio connection devices. This process is better to start with the most distant from the access point devices.
1) Check the device configuration and ensure that the switch group with SVI is used for access and remote management.
2) On CPE devices enable:
- Automatic transmit power control ("ATPC" option).
In order to do this go to the section "Basic Settings" -> "Link Settings" in web-interface and check the box "Auto":
- Set the maximum possible transmit power in the field "Tx Power".
- Click "Apply".
3) Download "TDMA" firmware from the ftp server: ftp://ftp.infinet.ru/pub/Firmware/beta/TDMA/ for the appropriate hardware platform.
4) Upload firmware on all devices: go to the section "Maintenance" -> "Upload", click "Choose File" in the field "Firmware", followed by the «Upload» button after the file has been picked up.
5) After clicking the «Upload» button, the system performs three operations: uploading, saving and validating the new file uploaded and indicates if each of the operation succeeded or failed. In case that the process succeeded, you have to reboot the unit in order to apply the new changes.
Please note, that service on the CPE units will be suspended until firmware updates on the base station.
All devices after upgrading to "TDMA" version becomes a Slave. The only exception will be a device with the enabled "Polling" option (command "mint pollstart"), which becomes the Master and has the following parameters by default:
- Frame Size: 5 ms
- Max Distance: 70 km
- DL/UL: Auto
- STA RSSI: -20 dBm.
After upgrade set the actual value of the "Max. Distance" parameter.
7) Upgrade the device boot monitor for hardware platform "H08" (R5000-Omx/R5000-Mmx models) via command.
Information about hardware platform type is available in the section "Maintenance" -> "Firmware".
"_upgrade -q" command is available starting with firmware version "MINTv1.90.17". It is recommended to install the firmware version not lower than "MINTv1.90.25" before the boot monitor upgrade. The command can be executed via a web interface in the section "Command Line".
In order to make sure that the boot monitor has been updated, enter the command.
8) Set appropriate radio parameters. Setting should be performed on the Master device.
Radio parameters setting is described in the section "Radio link settings in the time division access networks (TDMA technology)".