The Maintenance menu allows you to perform service tasks for the device and to check the hardware and software version, reason for the last reboot, system uptime, current configuration, license, diagnostic card, etc.
|Last Reboot Reason|
By clicking on the “Download Certificate for upgrade over SSL” link, you can download InfiNet Wireless self-signed certificate. This allows you to upgrade the unit software version when you are connected to the Web interface via HTTPS.
If Internet connectivity is available for the management PC, the InfiLINK XG unit checks automatically for the firmware updates at the InfiNet Wireless repository and displays a warning message for 10 s each time you go to the Maintenance page if a new software version is available:
It is not mandatory that the unit to have access to the Internet for this feature to work. However, the PC that is used to initialize the upgrade procedure must have access to InfiNet Wireless website (both http and ftp).
Two action buttons are available in the Firmware section:
- «Check Latest Release»: if you click this button, a text box will appear with brief information about each firmware release, displaying the latest firmware available. You can perform directly upgrade to the latest release available by clicking the «Upgrade Firmware» button or you can save the newest firmware by clicking the «Save New Firmware» button. In order to hide the information just displayed, you can click the «Hide Update» button.
- «Check Latest Beta»: if you click this button, the latest beta firmware version available will be displayed. The options are the same like for the «Check Latest Release» button, you can either upgrade or save the latest beta firmware by clicking the corresponding button.
The Upload section allows you to upload different license, firmware and configuration files to the unit.
For each of the three options, click on the «Browse» button, followed by the «Upload» button after the file has been picked up.
After clicking on the «Upload» button, the system performs three operations: uploading, saving and validating the new file uploaded and indicates if each of the operation succeeded or failed. In case that the process succeeded, you have to reboot the unit in order to apply the new changes.
The Download section allows you to open or download locally, to the management PC, the current license, firmware and configuration files, by clicking on the corresponding buttons: «Download License», «Download Firmware» and «Download Configuration».
Bottom section of the page
The following buttons are available:
- "Reboot" button - reboots the device. A warning message pops up asking for confirmation before the operation can start. During the restart process, you are redirected to the login page and the timeout period of 45 seconds counts down before the new login:
- "Clear System Log" button - reset system log
- "Restore Factory Settings" button - restores the factory default configuration. A warning message pops up, asking for the permission before the operation to start. During the reset to factory process, you are redirected to the login page and the timeout period of 30 seconds counts down before the new login
- "View System Log" button - shows the system events information
- "View Current License" button - shows the currents device license parameters in a new window
- "View Current Configuration" button - shows the currents device configuration in text format in a new window
- "Create Diagnostic Card" button - Tech Support Reports Generator.
Diagnostic Card is strongly recommended to send to the InfiNet Wireless Technical Support Service to analyze and determine the cause of any problems. By clicking on this button, the system downloads to the local PC a text file that contains the complete information set from the device such as: full device configuration listing, system log output, license information, interfaces statistics, etc.