Successfully pass the free certification exam at IW Academy and become an Infinet Certified Engineer.
Add the R5000 client devices you want to authenticate at FreeRADIUS server to /etc/raddb/clients.conf.
Add users to /etc/raddb/users.
- "login" - any user login
- "password" - any user password.
Set up your devices:
- Set up local login and password (you can choose any login and password you like).
- Enable AAA authentication.
- Specify IP-address and password. Use actual address of your RADIUS server instead of "10.10.10.128".
- Instead of "pass" use actual password you have specified on step 1.
- Save configuration.
Make sure your R5000 devices and RADIUS server have full IP connectivity (devices can ping RADIUS server address and vice versa) and no firewalls are enabled between RADIUS server and R5000 devices.
We also recommend disabling FreeRADIUS server firewall.
Start FreeRADIUS server in debug mode.
Try to login to R5000 device via Web interface or Telnet using login and password you have specified on step 2. If configuration is correct you will be able to access the device management and see the FreeRADIUS server output similar to the following: