Successfully pass the free certification exam at IW Academy and become an Infinet Certified Engineer.
In this chapter are presented the basic troubleshooting actions to be taken in case a problem occurs to the wireless link. The general fault classification can be checked below and the detailed indications for fault handling are described in the subsequent sections.
- The wireless link is down (it got lost)
- No access to the local unit
- Expected capacity is not met
- Errors on the wireless link, throughput fluctuations
- No data is being transferred
- Emergence Repair Console - the management of the unit is lost
- For each radio link, the local unit will be considered the one closest to the monitoring center and the remote unit will be its peer end like in the picture below.
- If the radio link (between the local unit and the remote unit) or the Ethernet connection (between the monitoring center and the local unit) become unavailable, all units/equipment behind the failure point will be unreachable. The debugging should begin in this case, at the unit that is closest to the failure point and has management access.