Successfully pass the free certification exam at IW Academy and become an Infinet Certified Engineer.
- Unpack the equipment.
- Check items integrity.
- Determine the FTP cable length that is used to connect IDU and ODU. The total cable length between LAN (behind IDU) and ODU should not be longer than 100 meters. Service cable connecting IDU and ODU should be FTP Cat5e cable with the outside diameter value not more than 7mm.
If using SFP module, connect it to ODU, plug in the optical cable (the maximum length and type depend on the SFP module type) and seal the connector.
- Install (crimp) regular RJ-45 connector for ODU on the FTP cable and seal it. Do not use the shielded RJ-45 connector on this end of the cable, as it should be attached only on the IDU end.
- Lay the FTP cable (and the optical cable, if used) “from top to bottom” - from ODU to IDU.
- Install (crimp and solder) shielded RJ-45 connector for IDU on the FTP cable.
Install ODU on the mounting bracket, connectors facing down, and tighten it.
It is very important to mount the ODU connectors facing down.
- Connect the ODU-IDU cable to the ODU.
- Seal the ODU Ethernet connectors.
- Once the ODU and pole are installed they must be properly grounded: connected to the building lightning protection circuit. The ODU position must be lower than the highest pole point at least by 2 ODU heights.
Connect the FTP cable to IDU, after previously having touched IDU connector case with FTP cable connector case.
The power supply must not operate near a direct heat source, near water or in an environment with high humidity. The cables must be connected in such a way to prevent water flow to the power supply connectors.
- Provide grounding for IDU.
- Connect Ethernet cable to IDU.
- Connect the IDU to power.
- Connect to the device using Telnet protocol.
|1||Cable gland nut||5||SFP-module (not included in the delivery package)|
|2||Split sealing grommet||6||Standard RJ-45 connector|
|3||Cable gland threaded coupling||7||GPS antenna port (antenna and cable are not included in the delivery package)|
|4||Optical cable (from 2mm to 3 mm)||8||Grounding bolt|
In order to prevent device damage during testing or preliminary configuration in laboratory make sure that devices are configured with the lowest transmitted power (fixed, not auto) and positioned them so that they are not directed directly at each other.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
If there is no data transfer via one of the device ports (GE0 or GE1), the second port can be used as a backup for data transfer.
THE DEVICE IS OUT OF WARRANTY IN THIS CASE.
Please note that the pressure equalization system in Infinet devices is performed via gas exchange through a cable gland and Ethernet cable jacket with a dry room where the power supply is installed. In order to avoid ODU failure due to moisture entering the device, for example, during the pressure drop during the rain, the cable gland assembly requirements should be met and there are should be no cracks in the Ethernet cable jacket.
In addition, you should avoid the Ethernet cable bending near the ODU and pinching with clamps, that can bring to the pressure equalization system fault between the internal volume of the sealed ODU and the external environment during a sudden air temperature change. This may lead to the leakage and device failures.