For the InfiNet devices, the regulatory limitations are performed by license which includes the set of frequencies and by the presence of the radar detection configuration option. A A license may be issued in accordance with the regulations for a particular territory. For the InfiLINK Evolution / InfiMAN Evolution and Quanta 5 families devices restrictions are determined by the selected regulatory domain, which can be changed in the link settings section (if the appropriate license is installed).
DFS operation principles
- Sequential frequency grid channels scanning is performed continuously, not at a selected time. This allows the device to operate with real time information about the radio parameters without stopping the data transfer process. For the devices of the InfiLINK 2x2 and InfiMAN 2x2 families this is implemented using an additional radio module, for the InfiLINK Evolution / InfiMAN Evolution, InfiLINK XG and Quanta 5 families devices - by scanning the air during the guard intervals.
- In case of detecting a less interfered frequency channel, a switch with the operating frequency is performed, without interrupting the data transmission process.
- The InfiLINK 2x2 and InfiMAN 2x2 families devices, which have two radio modules, distribute among themselves a set of frequency channels that need to be scanned after they are powered-on, so the scan is performed two times faster.
Instant DFS proprietary technology support is implemented for the InfiLINK 2x2 and InfiMAN 2x2 families operating in the 5 GHz frequency band through the additional radio module installation. Lowercase letter "s" in the device part number indicates the presence of the second radio module, for example, R5000-Mmxbs/5.300.2x500.2x16.
All InfiLINK Evolution / InfiMAN Evolution, InfiLINK XG and Quanta 5 families devices operating in the 5 GHz frequency band support the Instant DFS technology.
- DFS configuration process for InfiLINK 2x2 and InfiMAN 2x2 family devices (web / CLI)
- DFS configuration process for InfiLINK Evolution and InfiMAN Evolution family devices (web / CLI)
- Online course "InfiLINK 2x2 / InfiMAN 2x2: Initial Link Configuration and Installation"
- DFS configuration process for the InfiLINK XG family devices (web / CLI)
- DFS configuration process for the Quanta 5 family devices (web)
- Online course "InfiLINK XG Family Product"
- Units Numbering Convention