Successfully pass the free certification exam at IW Academy and become an Infinet Certified Engineer.
- Unpack the equipment.
- Check items integrity.
Determine the FTP cable length that is used to connect IDU and ODU. The total cable length between LAN (behind IDU) and ODU should not be longer than 100 meters.Figure - Connection scheme
- Install (solder) connector for ODU on the FTP cable and isolate it.
- Lay the FTP cable “from top to bottom” – from ODU to IDU.
- After the FTP cable has been laid, use distribution box to switch from FTP cable to UTP cable with RJ-45 connectors. Service cable connecting IDU and ODU should be FTP Cat5e cable with the outside diameter value not more than 7mm.
- Install ODU on the mounting bracket according to the direction required for the link. Do not tight it too hard unless the antenna alignment is not complete. Install ODU connectors down.
- Connect the ODU-IDU cable to the ODU.
- Isolate the ODU connector joint place.
Once the ODU and antenna pole are installed they must be grounded via lightning protection grounding contour. ODU position must be lower than the highest antenna pole point at least by 2 ODU heights.Figure - Installation scheme
Connect the FTP cable to IDU.
The power supply must not operate near a direct heat source, near water or in an environment with high humidity. The cables must be connected in such a way to prevent water flow to the power supply connectors.
- Provide grounding for IDU.
- Connect Ethernet cable to IDU.
- Provide power supply for IDU.
- Connect to the device using Telnet protocol.
It is extremely important to install ODU connectors down!
In order to prevent device damage during testing or preliminary configuration in laboratory make sure that devices are configured with the lowest transmitted power (fixed, not auto) and positioned them so that they are not directed directly at each other.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
Please note that the pressure equalization system in R5000-Smn/Smnb/Smnc models is performed via gas exchange through a cable gland and Ethernet cable jacket with a dry room where the power supply is installed. In order to avoid ODU failure due to moisture entering the device, for example, during the pressure drop during the rain, the cable gland assembly requirements should be met and there are should be no cracks in the Ethernet cable jacket.
In addition, you should avoid the Ethernet cable bending near the ODU and pinching with clamps, that can bring to the pressure equalization system fault between the internal volume of the sealed ODU and the external environment during a sudden air temperature change. This may lead to the leakage and device failures.